President Trump signed the VA Maintaining Internal Systems and Strengthening Integrated Outside Networks (MISSION) Act into legislation June 6, 2018, signaling an important change in how our nation’s Veterans will receive the health care they deserve. Under the MISSION Act, the VA has strengthened its ability to deliver eligible Veterans the right care, at the right time and at the right place. Through state-of-the-art facilities, cutting-edge technology, and increased clinician recruiting and retention incentives, VA continues to enhance its coordinated care system through high-quality VA health care and community care provider networks.
The documents listed below and attached to this communication provide key information about the streamlined Community Care program which launches June 6, 2019.
1. MISSION Act Current Future State Comparison
(Current and future outlook of the MISSION Act)
2. MISSION Act Educational Initiatives
(Educational initiatives to seek and retain top health care professionals)
3. MISSION Act Information Sheet Community Care
(Overview of Community Care Changes for Veterans)
4. MISSION Act Urgent Care Information
(Overview of Urgent Care benefits for Veterans)
5. MISSION Act VA Health Care Options Brochure
(Enhanced VA Health Care Overview)
6. MISSION Act Veteran Community Care Fact Sheet
(Community Care General Information Guide)
7. MISSION Act Veteran Community Care Eligibility Fact Sheet
(Community Care Eligibility Overview)
For additional information on the MISSION Act, please visit the website www.missionact.va.gov.