Military Service Organizations
The Army Wounded Warrior Program (AW2) is the official U.S. Army program that assists and advocates for severely wounded, ill or injured Soldiers, Veterans, and their Families, wherever they are located, regardless of military status.
- The United States Marine Corps Wounded Warrior Regiment provides and enables assistance to wounded, ill and injured Marines, sailors attached to or in support of Marine units, and their family members in order to assist them as they return to duty or transition to civilian life.
- Navy Wounded Warrior is the Navy’s organization for coordinating the non-medical care of seriously wounded, ill and injured Sailors and Coast Guardsmen, and providing resources and support to their families.
- The Air Force Wounded Warrior Program works hand-in-hand with the Air Force Survivor Assistance Program and Airman & Family Readiness Centers to ensure Airmen receive professional support and care from the point of injury, through separation or retirement, for life.
- The Military One Source Wounded Warrior Program can help you understand benefits, research independent living options and identify counseling and advocacy resources whether you are the Wounded Warrior of someone you love.
- Annie’s House Adaptive Recreation Program at Bottineau Winter Park provides services year-round to individuals and veterans with intellectual and physical disabilities. They offer programing that allows individuals with disabilities to enjoy the same activities as non-disabled individuals. They offer adaptive equipment, trained instructors in a non-judgmental friendly and fun environment. Scholarships are available for qualifying individuals. For more information or to schedule an activity at Annie’s House call or email: email@example.com, 701-263-4556 and ask for Mike.
- Dreams for Veterans serves our nation’s heroes by giving back to terminally ill veterans and their families through the fulfillment of a final wish. Final wishes range from basic need items (like a working appliance or mobility scooter) to bedside reunions, final vacations with family, “meet and greets” with personal heroes or reconnecting with aspects of former military service. A dream not only serves the recipient, but also brings comfort and peace to caregivers, loved ones, hospice professionals, veterans affairs and service officers, and all those they serve in communities across the nation.
- The North Dakota Association for the Disabled is a nonprofit, charitable organization founded by concerned citizens for the purpose of assisting people with mental and physical disabilities in the state of North Dakota, many of whom are not eligible for services from other agencies.
- Wounded Warrior Project's mission is to to honor and empower Wounded Warriors and to foster the most successful, well-adjusted generation of wounded service members in our nation's history. Their purpose is to raise awareness and enlist the public's aid for the needs of injured service members, to help injured service members aid and assist each other, and to provide unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of injured service members.
- Fisher House Foundation is best known for the network of comfort homes built on the grounds of major military and VA medical centers nationwide and in Europe. Fisher Houses are beautiful homes, donated to the military and Department of Veterans Affairs. These homes enable family members to be close to a loved one at the most stressful time - during the hospitalization for a combat injury, illness or disease.
- Military Warriors Support Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity, founded by Lt. General, Leroy Sisco, USA (Retired), in 2007. Their Mission is to provide support for our nation’s combat wounded heroes and Gold Star Families as they transition out of the military and into their new civilian life. This is a very fragile time for these heroes, and their families, and it is their goal to provide programs that facilitate a smooth and successful transition. Their programs include home donation, academic and employment assistance, as well as recreational activities.
- Family Caregiver Alliance is a public voice for caregivers, illuminating the daily challenges they face, offering them the assistance they so desperately need and deserve, and championing their cause through education, services, research and advocacy.
- The mission of Hope For The Warriors® is to enhance the quality of life for post-9/11 service members, their families, and families of the fallen who have sustained physical and psychological wounds in the line of duty. Hope For The Warriors® is dedicated to restoring a sense of self, restoring the family unit, and restoring hope for our service members and our military families. They have several programs to assist families financially and provide moral support.
- The Wounded Veteran Family Care Program is for those families who provide a substantial amount of care for a catastrophically wounded, injured, or ill veteran at home.
- Veteran Caregiver is a safe place to air questions and frustrations on and offline, but they also provide individualized assistance when you've hit the wall. As a veteran or a caregiver of a veteran, your life may be significantly altered by injury, illness, or aging. If you're feeling isolated or alone, want/need people around you who "get it", and you'd benefit from networking with peers and professionals, community health and recovery resources, you've come to the only site of its kind. Veteran Caregiver is here to fill the need for acknowledgement, mentoring as only peers can do, and to provide accessible support from others who share or can address your challenges.
- The mission of the Coalition to Salute America’s Heroes is to help severely-wounded veterans and families of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom recover from their injuries and illnesses, and to inspire other organizations and the general public to participate in this effort.
- Camp Hope provides FREE outdoor adventures to combat wounded veterans of the War on Terror and active-duty combat-wounded Soldiers, Marines, Airmen and Sailors.
- Camp Patriot is a 5-Star rated, 501c3 non-profit organization that has transformed the lives of hundreds of wounded and disabled veterans. This important task has been accomplished by fostering trusted relationships created through their unique outdoor therapy programs. Each program is specifically designed to deliver a powerful "life transformation". Their programs encourage and support participants to discover new ways of overcoming their injuries by modifying their prosthetics’, techniques and limiting beliefs.
- Operation Black Hills Cabin. Founded in 2011 by a retired military couple and is located just outside of Custer SD, in the beautiful Black Hills. It is an opportunity for a week-long respite for combat-injured OEF/OIF/OND veterans and their immediate family, to not only visit the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota and stay in a gorgeous new 3 bedroom, fully furnished, handicapped accessible cabin, but to visit amazing sites such as Mt. Rushmore National Monument, Crazy Horse Memorial, Bear Country USA, Reptile Gardens, Jewel Cave National Monument, take a Buffalo Safari Jeep Ride, and approximately 30 other opportunities, including all dining. This is all at little or no expense to the family. There is financial assistance for travel, as well.
- Catch a Lift was started as a memorial to Cpl. Chris Coffland and founded on his lifelong philosophy that through physical fitness you can achieve your highest potential for a healthy mind and body. His dedication and mindfulness to physical fitness was part of a daily regimen his entire life. He actively encouraged others to participate as well, so that they could lead a healthier and well balanced life. Everyday Coffland would say "I'm goin' catch a lift"; his way of saying, he was off to the gym. In keeping with Coffland's commitment to fitness and his dedication to the wellness of others, CAL will assist wounded veterans to become physically and mentally fit again through gifted gym memberships.